Steve Brine MP

for Winchester & Chandler's Ford

10 DEC 2014

Steve Brine and Donna Air unite to support hospice shopping website

Steve Brine showed his support at a Westminster event on Wednesday 10thDecember for Care2Save.co.uk, the newly-launched shopping site that will help raise funds for charities across Winchester & Chandler's Ford when people shop online.

Online spending over Christmas is predicted to reach an all-time high of £13b, and if just 5% of purchases are made through Care2Save.co.uk, £19.5m could be raised for good causes this festive season.

The briefing enabled MPs to learn how Care2Save.co.uk provides a new income stream for hospices and charities in the UK. Donna Air – actress, designer and supporter of Care2Save – was also at the event, having recently revealed that her grandfather is suffering from dementia and is being cared for in a hospice.

Care2Save is unique in the UK, as it is the only charity owned and run shopping website that gives 100% of the money that it makes through commission directly to the charity sector.

The site offers over 12 million products from over 2,000 UK-based high street retailers, making it a one-stop shop for Christmas shopping whilst giving commission from all purchases to charity – without costing the customer a penny. 80% of the commission generated through each purchase goes to a registered charity of the shopper's choice, and the remaining 20% goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, which supports hospice and palliative care in the UK and globally.

This enables people to support their chosen charity this Christmas and each time they shop in the future. It also provides much-needed funds for the hospice sector: a service which most families will need at some point.

There are more than 220 hospices in the UK, which collectively care for around 360,000 people each and representatives from Care2Save, including the founders, were on hand at the briefing to explain how the website works and demonstrate how much money it could raise for charities this Christmas.

Steve Brine said: "It was great to attend the Care2Save event today. We all know of the outstanding Naomi House and @jacksplace in Sutton Scotney, and I am delighted to support care2save.co.uk . I can't believe how easy it makes it to raise funds for our local hospices – and in fact for all local charities this Christmas."

Andrea Fragata Ladeira, CEO of Care2Save, said: "Hospice care will touch all of our lives at one point or another; whether for ourselves or those close to us. Together through Care2Save we have the opportunity to transform the hospice sector and to raise significant sums for other charities in the process. The support of MPs is vital, and we sincerely hope that the MPs who kindly joined us today and as many people as possible will now join us in making Care2Save.co.uk their shopping website of choice for Christmas and beyond."

Pictured; Donna Air and Steve Brine

 

More information ...

Care2Save

Back to all posts


Written Answers — Department of Health: Air Pollution: Housing (17 Nov 2017)
Steve Brine: The World Health Organization's report, ‘Preventing Non-communicable Diseases by Reducing Environmental Risk Factors’, published on 12 September 2017, will be taken into consideration along with the rest of the relevant evidence base when developing cross-government policy. The Department of has recently asked the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence to develop...

Written Answers — Department of Health: Influenza: Vaccination (17 Nov 2017)
Steve Brine: Encouraging take-up of the flu vaccination in people with chronic respiratory disease is primarily a matter for Public Health England (PHE). PHE, in partnership with NHS England, is currently running the national multi-channel campaign ‘Stay Well This Winter’, which encourages people who are most at-risk of preventable emergency admission to hospital to take actions to help them...

Written Answers — Department of Health: Pupils: Diabetes (17 Nov 2017)
Steve Brine: The Department and its arm’s length bodies maintain a continuous dialogue with colleagues across government on a range of issues, including how best to meet the health needs of schoolchildren. It is important that children with medical conditions such as diabetes are supported appropriately. Statutory guidance for governing bodies of maintained schools and proprietors of academies in...


Contact Steve Brine in Westminster

Call your MP in his Commons office on 0207 219 7189 or email steve.brine.mp@parliament.uk

Early Day Motions (EDMs)

Steve Brine does not sign EDMs - click here to read why.

Facebook

Sign up to e-newsletter

Sign up for email updates:

First name: *

Last name: *

Email: *

Postcode: *